Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Scariest moment of my life

Kalina – 30th Jan 2009

On Tuesday, over here in Bankura there was a local strike so there were no jeeps to take us to our building site.. We had to walk for a few hours to get there so on that particular day we were all very tired. Some of us got rides on motorbikes and also on Ox and carts! We did very well on the building site that day.

On the way back from the site one day we went to visit the school that last year’s students built and the children there were very cute. They sang their national anthem for us while they raised the Indian flag. After this we went swimming in a lake and it was great fun.

Before we left the site for good we all stood on the top of the school we had built for a photo. I had to face my fear of not being able to get down of the height. I have never felt this scarred before but I overcame my fear and got down safely. The teachers helped me down by putting their palms out so that I could stand on them and then held my hands. That was the most scariest moment of my life but I am fully recovered now.

On Thursday morning we had to wake up at 5.30am for the bicycle shoot for the film crew but I couldn’t get on a bicycle. After that we went to the building site and our breakfast was brought to us – it was awesome!. We went straight to work at 8.30. We were fired up as it was our last day at work. This morning I am still very tired as I had to wake at 6.30 for breakfast at 7. I hope to sleep on the bus to the next project – about 5 hours on the bus.

No comments: