Tuesday, February 3, 2009

”Luxury” bus has broken down

Kevin Clancy Jan 29 2009

Right now we are in our lodge as our ”luxury” bus has broken down so we have to wait another two hours in the lodge. Our conditions were sleepable. We had five people to a room with three people on a big bed with the other two on the floor. One thing I really miss is hot water and some time to myself. Every day, I have to pour a bucket of cold water over myself but I am used to it by now. One thing I love over here is the food. The food is gorgeous even though it is the same type of food every day. There is also a local sweet shop down the road from us which sells Caburys chocolate. However, I had some samosas from a shop which did not go to well with my stomach. I’m alright now though. It’s been quite a relaxed atmosphere over here in India. Every day we have at least two hour break between everything we do so we can sleep or just take it easy. We take jeeps to go from where we are staying to the building site with another army convoy. The government gave the men to us due to a band of rebels that are in the forest next to us. It’s cool because it makes you feel really important. The camera crew are sound however one of them had to leave. The one problem though is that they made us get up at five o’ clock in the morning so that we could ride bikes around the village. All in all the trip is going great.

No comments: