Saturday, February 12, 2011

Women at the Well..... our survey


I went with Ms Spratt and Rachel to the well to survey the women who draw water from there as part of a Science project we started in school.

We measured the weight of the brass urns. We discovered that it is always the women who draw the water and that they make between 4 and 10 trips carrying loads of 15 kilo at a time. Lorcan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see the work survey work under way and that the women are happy to answer questions and to let you weigh their water containers. I hope you managed not to spill any of their water! I will be looking forward to seeing all of your data analysed.

N. NĂ­ Bhriain

julie said...

Good to see you all at work together ,it will be hard to take turning on a tap for granted after this