Friday, February 9, 2007

The wonderful India


Our arrival in India has been great. There is such an atmosphere here. it’s so hard to describe: it has to be seen to be believed. There are so many religions here: Hindus, Muslims, and Christians, but they all make good friends and they all mix. Nobody is afraid even though they may have different religions. Everywhere we have been in Calcutta differs in food, culture and sense. Kolkata is such a polluted area and has a lot of shanty towns. This has to be the most emotional holiday that I have ever had. When you get to the airport in Calcutta you see people begging for money and on the trains it’s so heart-breaking seeing this. Even when you on walking on the roads, you see people lying on the street with no home or no food and looking rough. It’s terrible. I have been feeling great, with all the people here making us feel welcome and it’s really been like home. It’s lovely meeting so many different people and hearing so much atmosphere and so many different voices. I’m missing home but its so amazing here!! Aoife

No comments: