….well I’ve played with kids, fallen a couple of times, been homesick, been physically sick, washed clothes, washed clothes again because I didn’t do it right the first time, visited places, gotten lost, gone shopping, gone shopping again (I like shopping!), lounged around, worked my behind off, been groped, felt safe, and I wouldn’t change any of it! Its so different here from home: there’s poverty at home yes but you haven’t seen poverty until you’ve visited Kolkata, don’t get me wrong there is also wealth here but its mixed in with the poverty. And I do miss home but I feel like this is the safest place in the world if you have your wits about you.
That’s all from now
Emily
6 comments:
great to read your two entries: vivid and much enjoyed. Read one of them to the Boys this morning at Assembly! DrT
Emily: Lovely to read your vivid, lucid and fun accounts in the two entries. We love them.. Read one of them out to the Boys at Assembly this morning! Keep them coming. DrT
Hello everyone,
It was wonderful to receive all your stories and impressions.At the early lunch today I read out Sorcha's and Dave's report to the younger girls who remained really quiet althrough. That was so achievement for them!
Your language and powers of expression are inspiring. Keep writing!
We had the first snowfall here today and the screams of delight echoed throughout the whole school.However, it is melting on contact with the ground although the temperature is quite low(2degrees)
The mock exams have started and today is a very long day for the Leaving Certs who have English all day - until 5.oo.p.m. There are mixed reactions to the papers.
We hope you have a great holiday in Puri and enjoy the weather!
Lots of Love,
R.Fitzpatrick
Hi Guys
Love all the entries - Please keep them coming - say hello to Luke for me .....that is assuming he is still there - Give me a call my son!!
sup that wuz pretty good stuff my favorite part is "gone shopping, gone shopping again (I like shopping!)"
delighted to here from you it had your sense of humour we all miss you especially gu he says all the kids in india are cute but not as cute as him enjoy your last few days well have the fatted calf ready for your return lots of love mum dad rachael patrick and brookie
Post a Comment