People who have been to India, whom I have spoken to, told me how religiously devout the Indian’s are; how some can spend their lives just trying to love and serve God and do nothing else. I would laugh it off even though I am a devout follower of God myself.
Last Tuesday we visited Dakshineshwar, a picturesque village on the River Ganges. My classmates complained about the smell and the pollution as we came to the river. I found myself astonished at the hundreds of people bathing in the dirty water.
We then took a ferry across the river and the following experience was like nothing I have experienced before. When the small ferry was in the middle of the river I felt in God’s presence. I then washed my feet in the Ganga River. I felt clean and free from sin. It can only be described as complete and utter joy, tranquillity and at peace with myself. – Gurdave Shira.
3 comments:
Thanks Dave for your great comments on your visit to the Ganges. Your Auntie Pash is astonished and appreciates this important moment. It is wonderful that you and your classmates can see such goodness among such hardship.
Maeve S.
You know, that river wasn't half as dirty before Madonna left her sins there.
Sounds incredible. What an experience for you.
My feelings of disappointment in getting a picture of 3 hairy Legs with feet attached when expecting some wonderful Indian sights lifted when having read what a touching and life changing experience this has been for you.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience with us and how good that you should have this so young.
May the joy, happiness and God stay with you always.
xBrenda
Post a Comment