Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rosie Byrne reports in....

Sent by Rosie Byrne 07:33 GMT 19th October 2011 The journey was horrific and I was hoping that India would make up for it but honestly I'm not that amazed at it, although the buildings like temples are fantastic. I feel uncomfortable and uneasy since everyone stares at us constantly and touches us as we pass. I know that's probably expected since were completely different colour wise. I'm enjoying myself with my friends but the weather is absolutely boilling and extremely humid. The area is very busy in Kolkata city but I love the rainbow children in the Loreto school, they're adorable and they seem so happy. I like the clothes the women wear a lot too and I plan on bringing some home for myself :)

2 comments:

Rosie's Aunt Aisling said...

Hi, this is Aisling Rosie's aunt. Enjoying the BLOG posts very much. Sorry to hear you all had such a horrendous journey. But if you teenagers can't deal with that, no one can!

I am so envious of you all. Have wanted to go to India for such a long time, and will be looking forward to recommendations from you. The school and the children you are helping will benefit so very much from your efforts. The effect for them is unimaginable in the terms under which we see society. You are all fantastic.

Love you Rosie...Granny Eileen is 70 today and enjoying the BLOG posts despite her advanced years.
Keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosee, it's Mam. Missing you a lot but happy to see that photo of you. I hope you are feeling better and more able to cope with the heat. Hopefully it will start to cool down soon. You should all be proud of yourselves. Love you Rosee.