Follow the progress of a group of Irish Transition Year students, who travel to India to help build schools. This blog and the Scoilnet website (www.scoilnet.ie) documents their experiences and reflections.
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Nimai's first impressions
India is crazy... A good crazy. From the moment i stepped off the plane i knew that this was very different place from which oi had got accustomed.. Everything is different. You will be constantly surrounded by beggars aand they will follow you around. when you are on the streets you cant rest for a second without people pushing past you.... driving is completely different from whatever i have seen before.. there seems to be no order all the drivers just speed down the street honking their horns.. but some how it woorks.. the main part of the trip will bring it to the sunderbans i cannot wait to go.. we will be heading tomorrow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Good luck with the Sunderbans!
I wonder if you can remember anything from being in India when you were very young! I hope you feel the same happiness and natural connection there as your namesake.Let us know if you get to see a tiger but don't let him know that you're looking.
go nimai - go!!!! enjoy every minute!
j in USA
Nimai - I just read that the Sunderbans is home to some of the world's largest crocodiles. Don't go in the water - I repeat don't go into the water :-)))))) Keep writing the blog - I want to hear all about it!
You can't believe how cold it is here - over a meter of snow - I want to feel the heat of India.
J
Nimai - no sign of you in the videos of people working on the school - did a crocodile get you???????
j
hi nimai, tried to leave a comment yesterday, think i know how to do it now,was looking to see you in the videos, it looks great, perhaps you were on your break!! say hi to all from me love mum
hey nimai, well done on the catch!! the girls look really good in their saris; please ask john to put up photo of you working!! ....to show granny..... hope you;re taking your vitamin cccccc om shanti mum
Post a Comment