Hello all of you at John Scottus School,
Here we are in India. It is only after a few days that you start to realise that you are still on the same planet. Life here is so completely different that we would be totally lost if we did not have our Mr. Alexander to guide us here through this unknown world.
I am not certain if he has adopted the Indian life style after so many years of organising this project for Transition Years, or that it arises from a deep hidden layer in his own nature. The fact is that I at least have no idea how the people in India, and how Mr Alexander, manage their affairs. They seem to have something in common that I hope to find out within the next few weeks. Maybe I will not succeed, but it is a fascinating discovery......
Read more of Mr van de Belt's blog (6 A4 pages)
6 comments:
I would of read all 100 pages if you wrote them!! Absolutely fascinating. Thank you.
2 more revelations !!! Mr Van de Belt has a sense of humor and Mr Alex is really an Indian masquerading as an Irish man !!! Thank you very much Mr Van De Belt for looking after them and for sharing your experiences . Large double Expressos are only a few hours away !!! Jackie
Thanks so much Mr Van de Belt your so funny ... really enjoyed reading it THANKS YOU !! More plezzz
teresa
Wonderfully descriptive! 96 more pages would be a joy to read! The existing 6 are likely to become required reading for pupils and parents, past, present and future who want to be informed (as well as entertained) about the reality of the experience that is JSS TY in India.
Many thanks,
N. NĂ Bhriain
Geert,
I have just had the most wonderful belly-laughs reading your description of the journey and day 1 in Calcutta!!I've probably enjoyed it more than the others because I remember all those details too. Sorry you haven't written any more because I certainly would have liked to read it all. Thank you so much! Anne d.
Thanks for your views.I'm one of the students of Loreto sealdah and it was great to hear your side of the story.As far as ours is concerned, we had a lovely time.Especially at Bratachari school.I'm sorry that you had to face adversities during your stay here but all the same I believe it was a learning experience. Do post more.
divyani
Post a Comment