3rd February 2014
Kiva (Moon Moon)
India,as a place,is incredibly loud. There seem to be no regulations to the noise,so Bollywood current hits are blasting constantly as we near closer to the Puja Day festival,which is tomorrow. The women all wear saris on this day and my sari is blue and pink,with sequins and other girly stereotypes. Despite my determination to be as masculine and buff as physically possible,I feel like a princess sprinkled in sugar. Its an amazing feeling,even if I wont admit it,and this feeling paired with the earthy tone of the night air and a hundred thousand stars visible clearly until the wee hours creates a heady mix that seems to both intoxicate and invigorate everybody here. I understand how India changes people,and how spirituality becomes a thing here. Is Sari-ism a religion?
I'm going to out on my sari again and head to the roof,with no shame about being the princess bubblegum pageant princess that I truly am for a few more weeks. No one has to know,right?
No comments:
Post a Comment