
Thanks to all for the comments, especially Angela (a tad over eager, just a tad)… Time is limited so we aren’t on this much!!! But you will all be delighted to know we are spending the rest of our time leaning about Indian life and contributing to a better India.
The building work was tough gong but I am proud to say I ran myself into the ground and am now trying to regain all my energy for next week. I could never have anticipated what lay before me that day in Dublin airport. I feel I have matured many years in just over one week, as I explained in my previous contribution to the blog India teaches you what books and Ireland cannot, well at least not in such a short time frame. You could repeat secondary in JSS three times over and you will still not discover yourself as much as you do in India in just over one week.
In India I have found that the majority of the people put little emphasis on material possessions but instead do what most of us Irish cannot they try to learn as much as possible about God, life, and generally how they can make a positive difference in the world and reach out to all they come into contact with. In my opinion this is due to the Indian culture itself and Religion. So in a way we are somewhat blinded in our country and cant really chose the Indian way of life over the Irish materialistic lifestyle. That is why I am so grateful to my mother who has sent me to such a wonderful school so I can at least get a taste of in my opinion the more complete, fulfilled and fruitful way of life!!!!
By Mark L.
14 comments:
Hiya again Mark. Didn't have any time over w/end to send u any emails at all! The 'tad over-eager' was, I'm afraid, submerged under serious inability to breathe! Saw Doc this morning, had some x-rays done this afternoon, and will be seeing specialist soon. Muchos apologosos - not seriously! - for any embarrassment caused u by my over enthusiasm (your friends can't blame you for nutty aunties). Not every day one has a young nephew in India with his schoolfriends though! Hope all going really well Mark. Enjoyed very much your latest Insights. Love, Angela.
Hi Mark,
Just home and delighted to see you looking so well and enjoying the experience so much. The house is so quiet without you but I am looking forward to hearing all the stories when you return, do you think you will ???? Or have I lost you ?
Love Mam
Topa the mornin t u Mark and I hope you're well and up to your ears in bricks and cement! No more news from you yet but we're still all thinking bout you every day, even if that does seem a bit OTT to a teenager! U must allow for older people, especially ones like me with lots of free time on their hands, looking forward to hearing more news from you all in India. Everyone says hello. Romy won Manager of the Year for Marriott and was given her award at the (late) Christmas party on Sunday night. She's probably still recovering from the celebrations so I know you'll forgive her if she hasn't been in touch for a few days. Do let us know again soon how things are going. Love to you all, Angela.
Dia dhuit a chara Mark agus ta suil agam go bhfuil tu agus do cairde go maith agus ag obair agus ag deanamh sport le do cairde nua gach la. Ta Maria arais in Dubh Linn anois agus ta si missing you greatly. Thought the bit o' Gaeilge would remind you of home, just in case you get 'a tad' attached to India and might be harbouring any ideas of hiding out in de jungle when its time to come back home! Ta muid go leir looking forward to hearing from you again soon. Le gra, Aingeal.
Hi Mark, Resending message just incase u didnt recieve last one as we only learning how to use this. Hope you are well an enjoying ur experience in india. All well here at home. United beat spurs 3 1 last sunday, u can imagine how poor George felt but he reckons revenge is on the cards for saturdays game in prem. I see A is sendin u lots of messages keeping u well informed on wats going on. Will send u results of Sats game on Sun. Keep us posted wit more photos an all the gossip. George an Trish x
February 1st Mark - first day of Spring - halleluia! Winter said farewell yesterday with snow!! Friday today so I'll be away till Monday and won't have an opportunity to send you another message till then (thank goodness, says u!!). All grand here in Dublin. You're not gonna believe what just happened - while I was in the middle of writing this msg to u, the postman knocked with a parcel for me. I went out to the main door to open it and my own door slammed shut! I was left outside in night clothes -quite flimsy now mind you, and its freezing cold! Didn't know what to do - no one else here, knocked at everyone's door. Climbed over back gate, no window open (and there almost always is in my kitchen), standing there like an eejit, perished in me nightgown. Picked up big rock and had to smash window - double glazed, so hard work and lodsa v loud noise. Eventually got it broken, glass everywhere but didn't cut myself. Hand in through smashed glass and opened window then climbed in. Didn't even cut a finger! Now there's a bit of news for you! I'll cost a couple of hundred to replace double glazed large window so I'm 'a tad' put out bout that! I'd make a great burglar! Have lovely weekend and I'll be in touch again soon. Love, Angela.
Hi again Mark,
Great to hear your voice this morning. I miss you so much although I am enjoying my own time, well with no running up and down to training and the train, haha.
Love you
Mam
Si Hi to Andy and all from me.
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Now then me lad, ere's a message from the mad ol' Yorkshire lass in Rome! The younger "Prosecco slurping" one is also by my arm...so we send you lots and lots of love and hope you'll still want to visit us in Rome with all the material girls and the high designer fashions and all, and not neglect us now for the sahris!!! I knew India would change your life, your outlook and your being, and it seems to have done just that. You enjoy it all, think twice before you spend 190 Euros on your next football boots (hmmm, I can hear you say, hmmm)
Be good, think about us from time to time and hope to see you very soon, a special hello and lots of love from me, the young Prosecco Queen, (to be referrrd to hereon as P.Q.), Mena and Tino
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Mark, Hope u dont receive this message 10 times as we findin it a "TAD" difficult sending it so opened another account. Hope all is well and u havin a great time. Spurs won 6 0 today (we wish) they leadin all the way til tevez scored for united from a corner in the 94th minute, u can imagine wat uncle georgie called him!!!!! All well here at home in freezing ireland. Enjoy ur few days of rest and we will see u wen u get home full of stories and photos, dont forget me thimble lol. Love G & T x
Hi Mark,
I dont know if you got my earlier post???.Let me know if you did???
Mick
Hi Mark,
I sent post last nite but i did something wrong and i guess you didnt get it. Jonathan called 2nite and hopefully this goes??.I think it is great what you are doing and i also think your days as a footballer are over???.Mark Logan reporting here from war torn " Chad ".You definitely have journalistic qualities. I was reminded when reading your blog of the first time i was on a plane after i did my Leaving in 1971. 5 of us were to go to Italy.All my mates let me down and i went anyway on my own. Travel is a wonderful thing and you are right to thank your Mamfor sending you to a great schooland getting this oppurtunity. Mark if i can be of help in Sponsoring somethinf locally where you are or anything else that you think can make a small difference let me know???.Im looking forward to hearing first hand when you get home of your great adventure. Safe journey and keep well.
Lots of Love,
Mick
Hello again Mark. I hear from Maria that you're havin a bit of a holiday now. That's great and I hope you all have a really good time. I'm back home today and saw your Mam today too. She's really, really looking forward to seeing you Mark. Nothing to tell you, just sayin hello. Love, Angela.
Hiya aris Mark. Aingeal anseo. Nil aon nuacht ar bith. Ta an aimsir go dona! Bhi se ag cuir sneachta inne, agus ag cuir baiste go trom inniu - agus an gaoth! Agus ta se supposed to be Spring anois! Conas ta tu inniu? Nil tu ag cur aon emails go Dubh Linn. Cen fath? An bhfuil an Hotel go deas? Ta mo Gaeilge an simple. Beidh me ag dul arais ar scoil! Ta Maria go maith agus ta si an excited about do teacht abhaile De Sathairn. The prodigal son!!! Ta suil agam go bhfuil tu having a great time agus ta me looking forward to seeing you soon too. Le gra, Aingeal.
Mornin to u O'Suilleabhain, how are you? I thought you were coming home on Saturday and Maria told me last night it is actually tomorrow (Thursday). This'll be my last email to you so (I realise I sent a tad too many - but doesn't that show how much we think of you!!). Have a safe journey home Mark and I hope you won't be too sad to say goodbye to India. I'm meeting your Mam today to go and see a new apartment, so maybe I'll be moving soon! Dyin' to see you and hear all about your adventures Mark. Love, Angela.
Post a Comment