We've had two nights of broken sleep with what started as a wedding celebration in the fields behind us and this morning developed into caterwauling imprecations to The Lord Krishna blared out over a tannoy until 3.30am!
I got up and discovered the two men and two women responsible for keeping us all from sleep completely impervious to our plight.
What could I do but join in ...Hare Krishna ... Hare Rama....it's now 4.45 and breakfast will be soon!
J.A.
2 comments:
That's mad John! If you can't beat them join them! I hope you get some sleep tonight!!
Wow John, concept of noise pollution has yet to reach India! I remember the prayers and chanting blaring out at 4 and 5 a.m. especially around the time of Saraswati Puja. Somewhat like the racket from loud hailers and speakers at Corpus Christi processions back in the day. Hope the dawn chorus over.
Post a Comment